Events & Webinars
Check this page to learn about our upcoming events and webinars. If there is a presentation or training event you would like to see, reach out to us today at email@example.com.
FREE Webinar: Managing Challenging Behaviors with Dementia
Wednesday, May 24th, 7-8pm CST
If you have a loved one with dementia, you may notice they exhibit some challenging behaviors. Things like rummaging, wandering, aggression, or refusing care are common with individuals with dementia, and can pose safety risks to Seniors and their care partners. Not to mention the feelings of helplessness and frustration when loved ones are trying to support a Senior who is experiencing these things. Join us to learn why these challenging behaviors are sometimes part of a dementia journey, and what loved ones and care partners can do to support their Senior.
We warmly invite you to join us for our 2023 FREE webinar series. Have a topic you’d like to see featured? Just ask!
Amy has lead presentations and trainings for the following organizations. If you would like to add yours to the list, reach out today to arrange a presentation or training.
- Aging Life Care Association – Midwest Chapter – “The Value of Occupational Therapy for the Geriatric Care Manager”
- American Medical Association – “Professional Caregiving: Getting the Right Care for Your Senior”
- Betsy Phillips, Realtor – “Navigating Senior Care” (Watch here)
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago – “Behavior as Communication: Supporting Seniors with Dementia”
- Chestnut Square at The Glen – “Supporting your Seniors: What To Do When ‘Everything’s Fine!'”
- Congregation BJBE – “The Privilege of Aging: You, Your Loved Ones, and the Later Years”
- Emerald Place – “Compassionate Communication During the Holidays”
- Fourth Presbyterian Church – “Communicating with a Loved One with Dementia;” “Self Advocacy in Healthcare Settings”
- Glenview Public Library – “Home Safety and Falls Prevention for Older Adults”
- Illinois Occupational Therapy Association – CEU panel, “Alternative Occupational Therapy Careers”
- North Shore Village Network – “Communicating with a Loved One with Dementia”
- Open Arms Solutions – “Conversations on Care: Preventing Hospital ER Visits” (Watch here)
- Private Home Care – “5 Strategies for Communicating with a Loved One with Dementia”
- Rotary Club of Wilmette – “5 Strategies for Communicating with a Loved One with Dementia”
- Sauganash Women’s Club – “The Privilege of Aging: You and your Later Years”
- Sunrise of Buffalo Grove – “HealthPRO Heritage Senior Wellness Curriculum”
- Sunrise of Highland Park – “Gait Belts and Your Role in Falls Prevention”
- Sunrise of Park Ridge – “Supporting Independent Feeding for Adults with Dementia”
- Sunrise of Wilmette – “Gait Belts and Your Role in Falls Prevention”
- Vi Living at the Glen – “How to Advocate for Yourself in Different Care Settings”
- Virtual Geriatric Therapy Summit – “Geriatric Care Management and the Allied Health Professional”