Events & Webinars
Check this page to learn about our upcoming events and webinars. If there is a presentation or training event you would like to see, reach out to us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREE Webinar – Senior Living Communities: Making the Right Move
Wednesday, March 15, 7-8pm CST
Senior Living Communities often sound like an easy choice for families and older adults – but how do you know if it’s the right choice for you? If you have questions about what options there are for Communities, how to find the right setting for you or a loved one, and what you need to know when planning a potential move, this program is for you.
Join us for ACE Senior Care Navigators’ FREE webinar on Wednesday, March 15, from 7pm-8pm CST to learn all about Senior Living Communities.
FREE Zoom Presentation – Moving Your Senior: A Guide for Families
Tuesday, March 21, 4-5pm CST
A special joint presentation with our friends at Arbor Terrace Highland Park
For older adults and their family members, the decision to move to a Senior Living Community can be a challenging one: How can families know they are making the right decision? What does the conversation with a Senior about this change look like? And how can loved ones best support their Senior throughout this transition?
Join Jeff Altschul of Arbor Terrace Highland Park and Amy Cohen of ACE Senior Care Navigators for an interactive discussion to prepare family members of older adults for an upcoming move.
We warmly invite you to join us for our 2023 FREE webinar series. Have a topic you’d like to see featured? Just ask!
Amy has lead presentations and trainings for the following organizations. If you would like to add yours to the list, reach out today to arrange a presentation or training.
- Aging Life Care Association – Midwest Chapter – “The Value of Occupational Therapy for the Geriatric Care Manager”
- American Medical Association – “Professional Caregiving: Getting the Right Care for Your Senior”
- Betsy Phillips, Realtor – “Navigating Senior Care” (Watch here)
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago – “Behavior as Communication: Supporting Seniors with Dementia”
- Chestnut Square at The Glen – “Supporting your Seniors: What To Do When ‘Everything’s Fine!'”
- Congregation BJBE – “The Privilege of Aging: You, Your Loved Ones, and the Later Years”
- Emerald Place – “Compassionate Communication During the Holidays”
- Glenview Public Library – “Home Safety and Falls Prevention for Older Adults”
- Illinois Occupational Therapy Association – CEU panel, “Alternative Occupational Therapy Careers”
- North Shore Village Network – “Communicating with a Loved One with Dementia”
- Open Arms Solutions – “Conversations on Care: Preventing Hospital ER Visits” (Watch here)
- Private Home Care – “5 Strategies for Communicating with a Loved One with Dementia”
- Rotary Club of Wilmette – “5 Strategies for Communicating with a Loved One with Dementia”
- Sauganash Women’s Club – “The Privilege of Aging: You and your Later Years”
- Sunrise of Buffalo Grove – “HealthPRO Heritage Senior Wellness Curriculum”
- Sunrise of Highland Park – “Gait Belts and Your Role in Falls Prevention”
- Sunrise of Park Ridge – “Supporting Independent Feeding for Adults with Dementia”
- Sunrise of Wilmette – “Gait Belts and Your Role in Falls Prevention”
- Vi Living at the Glen – “How to Advocate for Yourself in Different Care Settings”
- Virtual Geriatric Therapy Summit – “Geriatric Care Management and the Allied Health Professional”