Presentations and Trainings
Amy Cohen, OTR/L, CDP, CMC, Owner of ACE Senior Care Navigators, is an experienced presenter and trainer on all aspects of Senior Care. Whether you are a community group looking for a presenter on a Senior Care topic, or an organization looking to provide training to your members, Amy will work with you to design the perfect program. Most presentations are provided pro-bono, and training fees vary based on programming specifics. Discounts are given to public and nonprofit institutions.
Whether you are part of a service organization, faith-based affiliate, or other community group, Amy will work with you to meet your presentation needs. Presentations are designed to be educational opportunities for community members to gain knowledge on topics related to Senior care. Amy can present over Zoom or in-person, pending current covid considerations. Presentations can be of any length and include time for Q&A. Topics include but are not limited to:
- Communicating with a loved one with dementia
- Falls prevention and home safety
- Professional caregiving for Seniors
- Senior Living placement
- Allied health services (PT/OT/SLP) and the benefits for Seniors
- Hospital discharges
- Overview of the aging process
We would welcome the opportunity to talk further with you about your presentation needs. Reach out today to speak with Amy about presentation opportunities. Most presentations are provided pro-bono. ACE Senior Care Navigators also hosts FREE bimonthly webinars on topics related to Senior Care. These webinars are open to the public. Upcoming webinars and registration information can be found here.
If you work for a home care agency, Senior Living facility, public entity such as a library or grocery store, or any other organization that services Seniors, Amy is available to help train your staff on everything from specifics of ADL assistance to best practices for interacting with older adults. Training topics include but are not limited to:
- Transfers for clients of various levels of independence
- Supporting independence and safety with ADL performance
- Communication with Seniors with dementia
- Tailoring services to meet the needs of Seniors with dementia
- Best practices for interacting with Seniors
We would welcome the opportunity to talk further with you about your training needs. Reach out today to speak with Amy about training opportunities. Training fees vary based on programming specifics, and discounts are given to public and nonprofit institutions.
Amy has done presentations and trainings for the following organizations. Click here for upcoming webinars and events hosted by ACE Senior Care Navigators.
- Aging Life Care Association: The Value of Occupational Therapy for the Geriatric Care Manager
- Congregation BJBE: The Privilege of Aging: You, Your Loved Ones, and the Later Years
- Emerald Place: Compassionate Communication During the Holidays
- Geriatric Rehab Summit: Geriatric Care Management and the Allied Health Professional
- Rotary Club of Wilmette: Communicating with a Loved One with Dementia
- Sunrise Senior Living of Buffalo Grove: HealthPRO Heritage Senior Wellness Curriculum
- Sunrise of Highland Park: Gait Belts and Your Role in Falls Prevention
- Sunrise Senior Living of Park Ridge: HealthPRO Heritage Senior Wellness Curriculum
- Sunrise Senior Living of Park Ridge: Supporting Independent Feeding for Adults with Dementia
- Coming soon! The American Medical Association
- Coming soon! Glenview Public Library
We are here to help.
Do you have other questions about Senior care and what would work best for your loved one? Reach out to ACE and let us help you find the answers. We are based on the North Shore of Chicago and are available for virtual consultations anywhere.
Schedule your consultation
Contact us to set up a phone or Zoom call, and get the support you need in what comes next for your Senior.