Presentations and Trainings
Amy Cohen, OTR/L, CDP, CMC, Owner of ACE Senior Care Navigators, is an experienced presenter and trainer on all aspects of Senior Care. Whether you are a community group looking for a presenter on a Senior Care topic, or an organization looking to provide training to your members, Amy will work with you to design the perfect program.
Whether you are part of a service organization, faith-based affiliate, or other community group or business, Amy will work with you to meet your presentation needs. Programming and “office hour”-style consultation is also provided for organizations with employees who are struggling with caring for an elderly loved one. Presentations are designed to be educational opportunities for attendees to gain knowledge on topics related to Senior care. Amy can present over Zoom or in-person, pending current covid considerations and geography. Presentations can be of any length and include time for Q&A. Topics include but are not limited to:
- Communicating with a loved one with dementia
- Falls prevention and home safety
- Professional caregiving for Seniors
- Senior Living placement
- Allied health services (PT/OT/SLP) and the benefits for Seniors
- Hospital discharges
- Overview of the aging process
We would welcome the opportunity to talk further with you about your presentation needs. Reach out today to speak with Amy about presentation opportunities. ACE Senior Care Navigators also hosts FREE bimonthly webinars on topics related to Senior Care. These webinars are open to the public and may include CEUs. Upcoming webinars and registration information can be found here.
If you work for a home care agency, Senior Living facility, public entity such as a library or grocery store, or any other organization that services Seniors, Amy is available to help train your staff on everything from specifics of ADL assistance to best practices for interacting with older adults. Training topics include but are not limited to:
- Transfers for clients of various levels of independence
- Supporting independence and safety with ADL performance
- Communication with Seniors with dementia
- Tailoring services to meet the needs of Seniors with dementia
- Best practices for interacting with Seniors
We would welcome the opportunity to talk further with you about your training needs. Reach out today to speak with Amy about training opportunities.
Amy has done presentations and trainings for the following organizations. Click here for upcoming webinars and events hosted by ACE Senior Care Navigators.
- Aging Life Care Association – Midwest Chapter – “The Value of Occupational Therapy for the Geriatric Care Manager”
- American Medical Association – “Professional Caregiving: Getting the Right Care for Your Senior”
- Betsy Phillips, Realtor – “Navigating Senior Care” (Watch here)
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago – “Behavior as Communication: Supporting Seniors with Dementia”
- Chestnut Square at The Glen – “Supporting your Seniors: What To Do When ‘Everything’s Fine!'”
- Congregation BJBE – “The Privilege of Aging: You, Your Loved Ones, and the Later Years”
- Emerald Place – “Compassionate Communication During the Holidays”
- Evanston Public Library and Renewal Memory Partners – “A Strengths-Based Approach to Dementia Care”
- Glenview Public Library – “Home Safety and Falls Prevention for Older Adults”
- Illinois Occupational Therapy Association – CEU panel, “Alternative Occupational Therapy Careers”
- North Shore Village Network – “Communicating with a Loved One with Dementia”
- Open Arms Solutions – “Conversations on Care: Preventing Hospital ER Visits” (Watch here)
- Private Home Care – “5 Strategies for Communicating with a Loved One with Dementia”
- Rotary Club of Wilmette – “5 Strategies for Communicating with a Loved One with Dementia”
- Sauganash Women’s Club – “The Privilege of Aging: You and Your Later Years”
- Sunrise of Buffalo Grove – “HealthPRO Heritage Senior Wellness Curriculum”
- Sunrise of Highland Park – “Gait Belts and Your Role in Falls Prevention”
- Sunrise of Park Ridge – “Supporting Independent Feeding for Adults with Dementia”
- Sunrise of Wilmette – “Gait Belts and Your Role in Falls Prevention”
- Vi Living at the Glen – “How to Advocate for Yourself in Different Care Settings”
- Virtual Geriatric Therapy Summit – “Geriatric Care Management and the Allied Health Professional”
We are here to help.
Do you have other questions about Senior care and what would work best for your loved one? Reach out to ACE and let us help you find the answers. We are based on the North Shore of Chicago and are available for virtual consultations anywhere.
Schedule your consultation
Contact us to set up a phone or Zoom call, and get the support you need in what comes next for your Senior.